Important new regulations Covid19 from 29/10/20 for entry to England

Travel documents for entry into the United Kingdom

Travel documents for entry to the United Kingdom
From 1 October 2021, EU, EEA and Swiss identity cards will no longer be accepted as travel documents for entry to the UK. The following exceptions exist to this rule:

You have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
You have applied for the EU Settlement Scheme by June 30, 2021, but a decision is pending.
You have an EU Settlement Scheme family residence permit.
You have a work permit as a cross-border worker.
You are a guest under S2 in the healthcare sector.
You are a Swiss citizen and hold a visa for service providers from Switzerland.
In the above cases, you can continue to use your national identity card to enter the UK until at least 31 December 2025.

Reisedokumente für die Einreise in das Vereinigte Königreich

Ab dem 1. Oktober 2021 werden Personalausweise der EU, des EWR und aus der Schweiz nicht mehr als Reisedokumente für die Einreise in das Vereinigte Königreich anerkannt. Für diese Regelung bestehen folgende Ausnahmen:

In den oben genannten Fällen können Sie für die Einreise in das Vereinigte Königreich bis mindestens 31. Dezember 2025 weiterhin Ihren nationalen Personalausweis verwenden.

New Essential Government Regulation

Essential information to enter the UK
The United Kingdom is taking steps to help stop the spread of COVID-19.


  1. To protect your health and others’, everyone must complete an online passenger locator form before arrival in the United Kingdom.
  2. You may be required to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival. Check the exempt countries list immediately before you travel as this list can change at short notice.
  3. It is a legal requirement that you wear a face covering on public transport in the UK.
  4. Failure to comply with the above measures is a criminal offence and you could be fined. Please visit for detailed public health advice and requirements for entering the UK.

The above is an important requirement from the Department for Transport (DfT)